If your kitchen turns into an absolute raging inferno during the hot and sweaty summer months, you probably try to steer clear of the oven when cooking and rely on the stove top for much of your meals. But did you know you don’t have to sacrifice one of your favorite meals? You can still make gourmet (and classic) pizzas on the stove top — and they’re just as easy, quick and delicious. You can make any type of pizza like you would in the oven. Like this recipe for easy, oven-free gourmet Neapolitan pizza. It’s tasty, filling and cooked to perfection. So say goodbye to your oven for a little while because the stove top is about to become your best friend.
Want to know how you can make this gourmet Neapolitan pizza even more perfect? There’s an easier way to cook pizza on the stove. With Pizza Chef, you can make the perfect pizza on the stove in 10 minutes with little clean up. This high-quality cast base skillet and vented cover make sure you get a perfect pizza every time! Learn more about Pizza Chef today.
1 premade raw pizza dough (you can also make your own homemade crust)
1 14-oz can of whole peeled Italian tomatoes
1 12-oz ball of mozzarella (room temperature)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Fresh basil leaves
- Roughly blend tomatoes with a blender, hand blender or food processor (or by hand). Season with salt to taste. Roughly tear mozzarella into ½- to 1-inch chunks and squeeze out excess whey.
- Get your Pizza Chef cast iron skillet and place the skillet over medium-high heat. Adding 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil can help reduce sticking, but isn’t totally necessary if you’re using a Pizza Chef.
- Place your raw pizza dough on the Pizza Chef insert tray (or your regular skillet), and add tomato sauce over the crust. Place a few pieces of mozzarella and a few basil leaves around the pizza. Sprinkle lightly with salt and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add insert tray to the skillet, cover the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve!
There you have it! Simple and delectable Neapolitan pizza — all homemade by you on the stove top in less time than it would have taken to order and have it delivered. Interested in learning more about how you can make this Neapolitan pizza with the world’s first true stove top pizza maker? See how Pizza Chef can revolutionize your pizza-making experience.
Modified recipe courtesy of The Pizza Lab.