Did you know that the Pizza Margherita was created in 1889 by the Neapolitan pizza-maker Raffaele Esposito to honor the Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy? This margherita pizza, garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, was crafted to represent the national colors of Italy, red, white and green. While this deliciously savory pizza was developed with history and meaning, it’s become a main type of pizza enjoyed by pizza-lovers all over the world.
The cheesy, fresh ingredients of margherita pizza come together to make a mouthwatering dish that will feed your appetite for classic, gourmet pizza. And there’s no easier way to make it than on the stove top! It’s easy, quick and just as incredible as oven-baked pizza. Give your tastebuds what they’ve been craving, and check out this appetizing recipe for gourmet margherita stove top pizza. Margherita Pizza is a favorite with vegetarians as well.
This recipe for stove top pizza can be made even more easily using Pizza Chef, the revolutionary stove top pizza-maker that is changing the way the world makes pizza at home. The cast base skillet, insert tray and cover combo provide a simple way to make stove top pizza with easy clean-up and handles that don’t get hot.
Margherita Pizza Ingredients
Raw pizza dough
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 lb tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced ¼ in. thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Place the raw pizza dough on the Pizza Chef insert tray (or another surface you can easily transfer it from). You can add olive oil to prevent sticking, but this isn’t required with the Pizza Chef tray and skillet.
- Evenly sprinkle ½ cup of Parmesan over the dough. Then sprinkle ½ cup of basil. Scatter the diced tomatoes over the surface and add salt and pepper.
- Place half the mozzarella slices around the tomatoes and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the pizza.
- Place the insert tray into the cast base skillet and cover with the lid.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, the pizza is done!
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes, slice and serve.
This is just one simple way to make hot, cheesy and delicious stove top pizza. If you want a perfectly crafted pizza in 10 minutes every time, you need Pizza Chef in your kitchen. Pizza Chef makes cooking stove top pizza a breeze, and you never even have to touch the oven. Learn more and see how you can take your pizza game to the next level.