Cheese and bacon. Two of the most beloved foods in the world. If you adore both of these delicious fixings AND you love pizza, why not combine them together to make a delectable dinner that will “wow” your tastebuds? And a nice way to make this heavenly dish even better is by cooking it on the stove! It cooks quickly, tastes incredible and clean up is a breeze with a cast iron. Now enough talking about it! Check out this easy, cheesy recipe for three-cheese and bacon stove top pizza.
Master the Art of Pizza-Making
This cheesy recipe isn’t complicated — especially when you have a Pizza Chef in your kitchen toolkit. Pizza Chef is the world’s first true stove top pizza maker that crafts perfectly cooked gourmet pizza in under 10 minutes. That’s what makes this cheese and bacon recipe so easy! The cast base skillet, insert tray and cover all work together to quickly cook this easy, cheesy meal. Learn more and buy yours here.
1 raw pizza dough (room temperature)
4 slices of bacon, chopped
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, grated
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz)
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (about 4 oz)
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until crisp, about six minutes. Once cooked, remove bacon and drain on paper towels to absorb some of the grease. Set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic and oregano in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place your dough on the Pizza Chef insert tray. (Adding olive oil can help reduce sticking, but isn’t necessary with the Pizza Chef.) Then add your toppings, starting with the tomato sauce mixture, then adding the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, and ending with the bacon.
- Place the insert tray on the cast base skillet, place the cover over the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Voila! Enjoy your deliciously cheesy, meaty meal.
Meat and the variety of cheeses are the two ingredients that make this dish delicious, but want to know what makes it so easy to make? Pizza Chef. For perfect pizza in 10 minutes every time, you need this revolutionary cooking set in your kitchen. Learn more about Pizza Chef and how it can make cooking pizza easy and amazing at the same time, every time.
Modified recipe courtesy of The Food Network.